Let’s Go Bucks!

Confession- I am a massive football fan! Without a doubt those boys of fall make autumn the absolute best time of year. My undergrad institution didn’t necessarily have the best football team around (let’s just say we are much more well known for our basketball team) but Ohio State football has a long history of greatness when it comes to college football. If you don’t believe me, just check out those seven national championships.

Posing with Brutus at Ohio State’s 2012 Season Opener

This past Saturday marked the opener for the 2012 season; and the beginning of a new era in OSU football- the Urban Era. Personally, I could not be more excited to be attending a school with such a powerhouse program. Our boys introduced a new tradition this weekend- quick cals- and came out fighting, showing their dominance over Miami (OH) with a 56-10 victory.

This being only my second OSU football experience, it is safe to say I was overwhelmed when I walked in to The Shoe and saw the sea of scarlet cheering on our boys. Being a part of the student section in the south stands is absolutely incredible. I am still learning all the buckeye traditions but, after Saturdays game I’ve definitely got the Buckeye Bounce and kickoff O-H-I-O down!

Ohio State about to score vs Miami (OH)

Whether or not you are a football fan, you absolutely must take the time to go to an Ohio State football game. Trust me, if you don’t- you will be missing out on one of the most exciting opportunities this university has to offer. Attending a game, wearing your scarlet and gray amongst 100,000 other buckeye supporters is a fast and easy way to feel like you are a part of the massive Ohio State family and show off some school spirit!