Lunch at Schmidt’s

The other day I experienced a true Columbus original, Schmidt’s.  Schmidt’s is a German restaurant in an area near downtown called German Village. It has a reputation for serving the tastiest bratwurst and most delicious cream puffs.  Driving on the brick streets of German Village past the classic brick houses, got me in the mood for sauerkraut and sausages.  The restaurant itself shows its authentic German heritage in the architecture.  Since it was my first visit, I chose the bratwurst platter, the most well known of the dishes served at Schmidt’s.  Everything on my plate from the homemade applesauce to the potato salad was fantastic!  Ted, my boyfriend, and I split a cream puff the size of a baseball for dessert.  Schmidt’s has a great atmosphere and friendly staff.  It’s a place that ‘s definitely worth the short drive from campus.  When you do stop by for a meal, be sure to get your picture taken in the faces out front–this is as much a tradition as the brats!

Ted and I posing after a delicious meal at Schmidt’s