My 1st day at Fisher as a WPMBA student

I made it through my 1st real day at Fisher and my 1st class last night.  I was a little nervous and wasn’t 100% sure what to expect.  I am very outgoing by nature, so didn’t think I’d have a tough time making friends, but it has been years since I was last in school, and the thought did put some butterflies in my stomach.  To my excitement, everyone was friendly and many had similar concerns about the 1st day.  We had Economics last night, and I already formed my team for the class group project.  It was very easy to strike conversations with your fellow students.  Professor Campbell is also very engaging, funny and witty.  I am  pretty sure this is going to be an interesting class!

Everyone in the Working Professional program is going through similar circumstances and you’d be surprised to see how many work colleagues are actually in your class.  That’s why it was an easy and comfortable 1st day.  Please be warned, the ease was in networking and making introductions, not in the class work or the program in itself.  That I have yet to gauge… of course we were all told in orientation that it’s a rather rigorous program and that you must stay on top of readings and assignments, especially that it’s now on the Semester system, which only means, same work load and less time.  I will certainly write a blog on the actually program once I have more experience under my belt to share.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed my 1st class and 1st day and the connections I made.  I am looking forward to Accounting tonight, since almost everyone I met in Economics is going to be in my Accounting class as well.  So that just eased the introductions for this course.  Now I can focus on deciphering all these Accounting formulas :-)