The past few weeks have truly shown what a wonderful opportunity it is to be a Fisher MAcc student. I am amazed by faculty and staff, classmates, and experiences, and I will try to (as briefly as possible) highlight some of the recent reasons why!
- I was spending a long day in Gerlach Hall, and the director of our program walked by, noted that I looked hungry, and gave me a bag of trail mix 🙂
- Fellow MAcc students and I had the opportunity to reflect on the AMAZING support of our advisor, Samantha Schnitzer, when recommending her for the university’s advising award.
- A big group of MAccers went to Dirty Frank’s (highly recommended!) for dinner and then to the Shen Yun culture show at the Ohio Theater. It was so much fun to take in some culture downtown together!
- The next evening, we had our MAcc Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program thank-you event at the Columbus Clippers baseball game. Hanging out at the ballpark with so many awesome people was a blast!
- Ohio State held its annual Best Day of Your Life events (to promote mental health awareness), and a group of us MAccers enjoyed the giveaways!
- Fisher recognized several of my graduate and undergraduate friends and awesome professors at its Pace Setters Awards ceremony. The room was full of phenomenal and inspiring people who have impacted me in so many ways.
- We had our annual MAcc Gives Back community service day, which was so much fun! My group went to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, and we got to do a variety of projects. Then we reunited with other groups for a picnic in the Fisher Courtyard. It was a wonderful day!