“This is Sarah Chait, and I Approve This Message”

Elections for the 2012-13 WPMBA Council are quickly approaching, and I have my name in the hat for “Internal Public Relations”.  The WPMBA Council is a group of six current students that represent the WPMBA student body.  The Council serves as the interface between students and the Graduate Professional Office, Career Management, and other student organizations, and is responsible for a variety of professional and social events.  Specifically, the Internal Public Relations representative is responsible for student communications, event HUB management, and maintaining the Facebook page, amongst other activities.

Believe it or not, I have never run for office, or at least that I remember.  My mother tells me that I ran for Secretary of the National Honor Society my junior year of High School, but I certainly don’t remember a campaign of any sort.  Call it motherly bragging.  So, as far as I’m concerned, this is my first dabble into “politics”.  So far, it’s been…interesting.  I am running as part of a “ticket” with 5 of my classmates, a strategy taken by last year’s council, and one that proved to be successful.  This ticket has caused some drama amongst my fellow classmates, of which I won’t divulge here – but suffice it to say, it’s been somewhat “political” – at least more than I expected.  WPMBA students are more competitive than I thought!

As for me, I just want to be “the one that sends all the emails” – in this case, “Internal Public Relations”.  This is generally my MO in life as it is.  At work, I manage our internal and external communications and marketing programs, and am the one who organizes birthday lunches, team happy hours, and other morale-building activities.  In my personal life, I am the “social coordinator” – the one who brings my group of friends together for nights out and dinners in.  And, in the WPMBA program, I have naturally assumed the informal position of “the one who makes everyone go to the bar on Thursdays”.  I believe in the value of being involved, and the intangible benefits it brings not only to the individual, but to the collective group.  As the Internal Public Relations representative, I believe I can rally the troops, and make for a more beneficial and enjoyable program for all.

“This is Sarah Chait, and I approve this message”

WPMBA Council Elections - Vote!

WPMBA Council Elections - Vote!