My Top Five …

… Restaurants in Columbus!  I’ve been blogging for almost half a year now, so it’s about time I write a post on my top five restaurants in Columbus.  I have been in Columbus for almost 10 years, so it’s only natural that a self-proclaimed “foodie” like me would come to rack up a nice list of restaurants.  A handful of those restaurants have popped up over the years more than others – much more than other – and thus, make my list of Top 5 Restaurants (in no particular order – depends on my mood!):

Northstar Café:  OK, I just said that these are in no particular order, but if I have to pick my favorite restaurant in Columbus, it’s Northstar Café.  Call me a tree-loving hippie, this all-organic, slightly expensive order-at-the-counter restaurant is just SO good.  And it’s consistent – you get the same great food, every.single.time.  First timer?  Order the Veggie Burger – you won’t miss the beef.

Yes, It's a VEGGIE BURGER!

Haiku:  Some people call this “Americanized” Sushi, but if that’s the case, then so be it.  I’ve had sushi at a lot of places in a lot of cities, and this is the best I’ve had to date, for the best price.  It’s also a fantastic place to celebrate a joyous occasion – sake bombs and loud tables are encouraged!

Betty’s:  Before I moved to the Short North, I used to make the trek from the West side of Columbus to eat there all the time.  And now, I live above it (a coincidence, I swear)!  It’s cheap, and it’s comforting.  The Betty’s Best Salad is to die for (can you say bacon and blue cheese?), and weekend brunch is also a favorite (probably because I can walk downstairs).

Basi:  This tiny Italian restaurant is tucked in an alley off of Neil Ave – you wouldn’t know it was there unless you went looking for it.  Inside, it’s romantic and cozy, and while I’ve not yet had the pleasure of enjoying it, I hear the back patio is even better.  The chef is an NYC transplant who wanted to create his NYC atmosphere for a Midwest price – and that he did.  The eggplant parm is to die for.

Barrio:  Bacon Wrapped Dates.  Need I say more?

Yes, I know that these are all in the Short North.  What can I say…I like to support local businesses?  That, and I like to be able to have wine with dinner and walk home:)  I hope you check out these favorites and the wide variety of local restaurants Columbus has to offer!  Enjoy!

2 Responses to “My Top Five …”

1. 1 Jacob January 26, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Some of my personal favorites are Carfagna’s and Cardone’s (both amazing Italian). Cardone’s is a very romantic italian and carfagna’s is a casual italian. Also I love Winking Lizard Cafe – good American bar food. I’ll try to think of some more.

2. 2 Wes Lin February 23, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Definitely try Tasi’s brunch! And if you love Betty’s, you have to try one of Liz Lessner’s other five or so restaurants.

And Haiku is not Americanized. It has American-friendly items, but they are totally legit. :)