SMF End of Autumn Social Dinner

Ah, winter break! That time when you can get caught up on things like Dexter and your SMF blog posts.  For this blog post I present you with another great reason to come to Ohio State: extracurricular dinners with classmates! (For those of you counting that’s two exclamation marks in one paragraph.)

We recently went out to Buca di Beppo for an SMF dinner date with friends and family.  The best part for me was finally getting to bring my girlfriend out in a social setting and introduce her to all my classmates.  By now my classmates and I have all become pretty good friends, so I think the time was definitely right to bring in my significant other. Luckily, everyone was very nice to her (of course they would be!) and having her along gave us something to talk about besides finance, which was nice.

Which also brings up another good reason to have as many SMF dinner dates as possible: Talking about things besides finance!  It’s very nice to have the opportunity to interact with my classmates outside of the classroom, which we don’t get to do very often what with all the school work and studying.  We talked about how Ohio is so much colder than Florida.  We talked about how weird the food was compared to back home (a.k.a. China). We helped cheer up a classmate who had recently broken up with his girlfriend.  And we definitely got to stare at Ben’s cute children (photos after the jump).