Autumn Quarter is over! This was the final Autumn Quarter at OSU with the switch to semesters approaching soon. The switch also means that this will be the longest break for a good while (more than just a week at a time). Here are some options on what to do during your break:
- Give back to your community. Donate time or money to an organization. Give can goods to a food pantry or go through your closets and donate some clothes to those less fortunate.
- Random acts of kindness. Do something nice for someone, where it’s a compliment or a small showing of appreciation for those around you.
- Bake/Cook. Find some new recipes and try them out. Host a dinner party and share your new ideas with others. Even better; have your guests try out new recipes and make it a potluck.
- If you are not into cooking, try out new restaurants.
- Read. Now is the time to catch up on reading that is not “required reading” for a class.
- Home improvement. Maybe you have put off a project in your house or apartment; now is as good as time as any (unless it’s an outside project, then invest in some Carhartts first).
- Go see a movie, play, musical, concert, or sporting event.
- Catch up on your DVR.
- Head to the Columbus Zoo and see the Wildlights.
- Road trip. Take a weekend and go on a road trip. Visit friends, family, or an attraction.
- Enjoy the holidays. Try not to rush around or stress out.
- Spend quality time with friends and family. Catch up on lost time when you might have had to cancel plans in favor of studying.
- Plan ahead (yes, this may be the last thing you want to do but it’s still important). Buy your books for next quarter and pay your fees. Winter Quarter will be here before you know it.
These are just a few ideas. Feel free to share your ideas as well. Enjoy your break!