My Favorite Professor

I’d like to talk about my favorite professor in the SMF program this term, Professor Pinteris. I enjoy his classes so much and I think he is a really scholarly mentor as well as helpful friend. His teaching style embodies his ideology of incorporating teaching into action.

As a conscientious and dedicated teacher, Professor Pinteris has always been generous with his time and energy in exchanging ideas with students. When it comes to his office hour on Tuesday or lunch session on Thursday, there are always many students speaking with him. His patient persuasion and education are a testimony to my horizons, learning, growth, and also benefit from more accumulated financial knowledge and experience. I love the way he explains problems and all of those wonderful stories!

Professor Pinteris always has each student’s individual growth at heart. At the beginning of the term, we all feel it is quite difficult to choose his/her own major specialization from Corporate Finance, Investment Management, Real Estate and Risk management. Professor Pinteris not only clarified the basic situation of each specialization in the financial industry, but also gave his own advice for every student according to the skills and interests of each individual. I made my decision based on his advice and I think I do choose a specialization which I’m most keen on and skilled in.

Instead of simply teaching formulas and theorems, Professor Pinteris often invites experts in the financial sector to give lectures to us. We’ve learned a lot from the lectures on hedge funds, corporate finance reporting, etc.

“Career path is not linear.” That’s Professor Pinteris’s philosophy! We cannot predict the next stage in which we’ll be. So try to listen more, learn more, think deeper. It can help us adapt ourselves to the changing circumstances. Survival of the fittest always applies and especially applies to the competitive financial industry.