We have finally reached the end of the quarter! It’s the time when classes are wrapping up and finals are near. Whether you have a final paper, project or exam, here are a few tips to get you through the next couple of weeks.
- Back to the lists. Make a list of everything you have due, the requirements and the deadlines. It’s easy to forget something for a class when things are due and sometimes a final for the class might not be at the same time as your regular class.
- If you have a final paper(s), ask someone to proof your writing. As it’s getting down to the end of the quarter, your writing might not be as strong as it was at the beginning, so find a friend to proof your paper.
- If you have exams, study…then study some more. Figure out your best means of studying and go at it. If you have multiple exams, study for one for a time frame, then take a short break and study for the other.
- If you have an open book/note exam, be organized. Flag chapters or important material and highlight relevant terms in your book/notes for easy reference in the exam. Time is valuable.
- Set the DVR for the next couple of weeks. You will have plenty of time after finals to catch up on television shows, but for now, focus on improving your final grade.
- Do not check Facebook while you are studying. A quick look inevitably takes 10-15 minutes.
- Sleep and food are important. Getting a good night’s sleep and eating a good meal before an exam are two keys to help your focus and concentration. You do not want to be the person with your stomach growing all through an exam.
Good luck on your last week of classes and finals!