Carpe Diem: Seize the Day!

Hello! Before I dive into my thoughts for the week, I would like to ask: What characteristics of your current situation give you unique opportunities? Are you seizing these opportunities?

This week has made me think about how privileged I am to be in an awesome place, surrounded by amazing people. Ohio (and especially Ohio State!) is a wonderful place to be in the fall. Since the MAcc program only lasts one year, this is the only Ohio autumn some students will experience. You have to take advantage of as many opportunities as possible! Based on my experiences, here are a few suggestions:

1. Take a few extra seconds to admire the beauty of red, orange, and yellow leaves.
  2. Treat yourself to pumpkin-flavored products, like pumpkin butter or UDF’s pumpkin soft serve.
  3. Visit Lynd Fruit Farm to go apple-picking.
  4. Explore a corn maze.
  5. Go to Circleville’s annual pumpkin show!

Even more important than recognizing opportunities in the place you live is recognizing the awesomeness of the people there with you. Seize the opportunity of having a year to get to know a diverse group of people! During brief breaks from group work, my classmates have taught me about Chinese intonation, how to say “Hello” in Korean, and about African languages and culture. In return, I have been recalling some Spanish vocabulary to teach my new friends. You do not get these opportunities everyday!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read about my experiences! I would like to leave you with this thought: What opportunities await you today, this week, and this year?