Blogging it out … again

Well, it has been awhile, but I’m back. Despite a failed attempt at blogging last year, I have decided to give it another shot for year 2 in the MLHR program. A lot has changed since my last blog, so I’ll try to give the quick-and-dirty recap of what is going on in my world.

1. I’m a SECOND YEAR: That’s right, I survived the trials and tribulations of a first year grad student and I’m ready to see this thing to the end. The cohort is as strong as ever. I would say as great as my summer was, the thing I missed the most was the cohort. While I’m looking forward to graduation, I’m not sure how I can go without seeing these people
  2. GHRA – For those of you who don’t know, GHRA (Graduate Human Resource Association) is a professional development, networking organization for those with an interest in HR. I’ve decided to take a leadership position in this group. It can be tiring at first, but very rewarding most days.
  3. Work – I was lucky enough to continue my summer internship, during the school year. I’m working at Cardinal Health as an HR Generalist. It’s a dream job come true – and that’s a good thing, because the 3 points listed here (thus far) don’t let me sleep as much as I would like.
  4. Nicole – If anyone knows me, then they are very familiar with my girlfriend Nicole. She’s also a grad student at Ohio State – studying Social Work. She’s is the one that helps me deal with all the other things I mentioned. Can’t say enough great things about this girl. We’ve been dating for a little over a year now and unlike my first attempt at blogging she’s stuck right by my side.

I would say that’s pretty good for a recap of where I am, and the main points of my life. I”m finding early on that most things only get  better with time like a good wine, or my experience in my program. Here’s to my 2nd round of blogging being better than the first.

– Shawn