Finish Out Strong

For the last couple of weeks, I have had to be “on guard” against the temptations to shirk (Thank you, Prof. Chuck S. ) my graduate student responsibilities.  For the most part, the weather has been cooperative at best – cooperatively trying to lure me into postponing some of my final papers and presentations in order to indulge in some short-term fun in the sun now that the swimming pool at my apartment building is open :/ Amidst all the lures of life, the last two weeks have sweetly and politely reminded me of this one thing:  I am not done…yet.
Like any graduate student at this time, I have contracted an acute case of GMTHOH-itis.  For those of you who aren’t terribly astute, here is the more pedestrian exegesis:  Get-Me-The-Heck-Outta-Here-itis. As much as I “want” to be done with spring quarter, I must come to terms with the fact that I am not.  Despite my course workload being easy, it still can be tempting for anyone (even yours truly) to avoid, dodge, duck, cheat, evade, eschew, elude, skulk, malinger, slough, sneak, snake and/or pussyfoot the last leg of the race we call graduate school.
So while I cut this blog short in order to attend to my graduate student responsibilities, let’s remember to finish the final two weeks of graduate school out strong!

1 Response to “Finish Out Strong”

1. 1 Wesley Lin May 29, 2011 at 11:46 am

Love the Chuck S. shout out.