Buckeyes in Paradise

While taking a vacation/break in the Tampa Bay/Clear Water Beach area, I decided to make my way down to Anna Maria Island.  Now, I have been to quite a few beaches in my life (e.g. Bahamas, Pompano Beach, La Jolla, etc.) but I must say, this is probably the most gorgeous (and secluded) place I have ever visited.  The water was crystal clear blue, the weather was a gorgeous, humidity free 88F degrees and I had all the sun I could handle.  All I can say is this:  paradise.

But I have come to one major conclusion while attending graduate school at Ohio State University:  Buckeyes are EVERYWHERE.  Even in paradise.

As I was walking back to the restaurant to get some more iced tea, I noticed this “Ohio State” hat propped up on a beach chair.  And being as curious as a cat, I decided to strike up a conversation to see if these folks were fellow Buckeyes like me.  And, as fate would have it, the couple were fellow Buckeyes and lived just outside of Columbus.  So what do you do when you have Buckeyes in paradise?  One word:  O-H-I-O.

So the next time you find yourself in the middle of paradise, keep a look out for some fellow Buckeyes.  I am sure there are some around!

Anne Marie Island, Florida

4 Responses to “Buckeyes in Paradise”

1. 1 Wesley Lin April 28, 2011 at 11:33 am

I see Buckeyes EVERYWHERE. Even China. It’s impossible to travel even internationally without running into one. If a nuclear holocaust occurred, the only things left on this earth would be roaches, twinkies (as purported by Family Guy) and Buckeyes.

PS – Your adventures to FL have inspired my own. 6/2, I’m outta here and hitting up Orlando!

2. 2 Garren Cabral April 28, 2011 at 11:35 am

I’m glad you explained this. I thought you brought your parents on your vacation with your girlfriend and was thinking “Um okay weird.”

3. 3 Eric Dosch April 28, 2011 at 11:43 am

@wesley – yes, DO IT! I am scrambling for a short trip before my internship. good choice on orlando

4. 4 Eric Dosch April 28, 2011 at 11:44 am

@g$lyce – ya, that wouldnt be just weird…it would be double weird. haha