A look back on winter break 2010

My heart is still in the southern part of the U.S., where it was warm and full of my holiday memories. This past winter vacation, I went to Atlanta and Disney World in Orlando FL with my wife. We originally thought that we could leave the chilly weather in Ohio and Michigan and would have a sunny and warm vacation; however, it seemed that we brought the snow to the south.

I spent my Christmas weekend in Atlanta with my cousin’s family. We also got to see his baby, who is now 18 weeks old. It snowed during the second day after I arrived in Atlanta. My cousin said it was the biggest snow in Atlanta in the past three years. Nevertheless, our interest in going on excursions was not diminished by the big snow. We went to CNN headquarter, The Georgia Aquarium and World of Coca-Cola. At CNN, we joined the studio tour, which takes about one hour. On the tour, you have the chance to see what’s inside the CNN and what the real working environment is really like at CNN. It was so cool to see Don Lemon broadcasting right in front of you. The Georgia Aquarium is also very interesting. In the world’s largest aquarium, you are able to have the chance to touch rays and see rare Beluga whales and whale sharks through a giant glass viewing theater. At World of Coca-Cola, we first watched a 4D movie about the “secret recipe of Coca-Cola”. After that, we visited the show rooms which demonstrate the history of Coca-Cola, the machines producing Coca-Cola and also looked at some Coca-Cola pop art. At the end of the tour, we could taste 64 different Coca-Cola drinks from all over the world.

Then we flew to Disney World for the new year. We spent 6 days there, which is a little too long, but I took the opportunity to visit all four theme parks. As a big boy who refuses to grow up as Peter Pan does, I really enjoyed my time at Disney World. This is really the place that makes all your dreams come true. With Disney’s magic, you can see and “be” in every Disney story you have ever read, imaging that you are the Beast imprisoning the Beauty in his palace or Snow White waiting his prince. The most exciting moment was the New Year’s firework. This was one of the most beautiful scenes I have ever seen. The castle with splendid fireworks, how amazing and fascinating it was! If you plan to go there, here are some recommendations for your Disney trip: If you want to see the themes in Disney’s movies and characters such as Mickey and Donald, you should spend your limited time in the Magic Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studio. I also recommend to not stay within the Disney Resorts. The only advantage of staying in the Disney Resort is the convenience of moving between different theme parks. However, to me, it seemed rather expensive relative to the quality of lodging there.