“A bird chirps, a dog barks, and a cat goes…”

When I decided to enroll in the MLHR program at the Fisher College of Business, I knew that I would be required to take a “few” statistics classes.  Now, don’t get me wrong.  I love math especially algebra and calculus.  On the other hand, geometry and statistics were not my favorites.  For whatever reason, my teeny tiny brain couldn’t make the connection between cylinders, bell curves and probabilities.

The MLHR 2012 class has done a fantastic job of working together to ensure everyone who doesn’t understand statistics can get help from those who do understand it.  A 12pm (noon) Wednesday stats study group was started at the beginning of the quarter and I feel a lot of my fellow classmates (including myself) have greatly benefited as result of it.

Once you begin the MLHR program, you will soon realize that you can draw off of others strengths.  Some of your fellow classmates may be better with statistics (i.e. SULTAN who is a mini-Einstein) and this will provide you with a great opportunity to connect with them as well as get some much needed help in the areas that you aren’t strong in.  If you haven’t been doing this, I suggest that you do.  It has been extremely helpful for me.  FYI:  Check out a picture of our stats group at the end of the blog.

As I close, I am reminded of a statistics joke my twin brother, Adam, shared with me about a month ago.  Needless to say, I’ve never heard this before and I’ll have to admit, its kinda corny – so brace yourself.

About a month ago, I was talking with my brother about statistics and how I’m “asi asi” on the whole class right now.  My brother, in a generous attempt to cheer me up, says, “Hey, I got a stats joke for you.”

So here it goes, people:

“A bird chirps, a dog barks, and a cat goes…μ”

I hope I didn’t lose anyone on that one 🙂

9 thoughts on ““A bird chirps, a dog barks, and a cat goes…””

1. Maybe this seasonal Geometry joke will make you like Geometry more.

Q: What’s the ratio of a pumpkin’s circumference to its diameter?

A: Pumpkin Pi!

And your brother’s joke was hilarious!

2. @ kim him jr. a cow goes “moo”. I think how you pronounce “μ” is “myou”. haha i don’t know, you could be right.

3. Literally when I read this I was almost about to send Shawn a hateful text message because he was supposed to call me where he was studying today and I thought he forgot but I just realized you uploaded it today but the picture was from yesterday (because I remember what people wear).