Penn State vs Ohio State

Football season is one of the best parts of autumn quarter at Ohio State.  Ohio is plagued by awful NFL teams – specifically the Browns but I guess the Bengals also need to be put in this category.   Despite the Browns and Bengals struggles, the OSU Buckeyes are consistently a powerhouse in college football.  This helps my sanity as the Bengals season continues to implode.

Although the Buckeyes won’t battle for the national championship this January, they still have a great shot to represent the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl.  This past weekend the Buckeyes played the Nittany Lions and came out victorious despite a few first half scares.

Regardless of the win, this weekend was really great because a few of my undergraduate classmates came to town to visit and watch the game.  I wasn’t able to get tickets for everyone, so I sold my ticket and we all went to the Varsity Club to watch the game with hundreds of other fans.  If you ever aren’t able to go to a game, I highly recommend you watch at the Varsity Club.  It turns into quite the scene by the fourth quarter.

Author: Joseph Fahrendorf

• Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio • Attended St. Xavier H.S.; rowed on the crew team • Moved to Connecticut in 2002 for college; earned a degree in History • Hired in 2006 as an Associate for an executive recruiting and corporate governance firm in Greenwich, CT • Left my job in May 2009 to travel in China & Europe before starting FCOB