Big things : Small group

So, we’ve all heard the saying that, “Big things come in small packages!” Well, similar to the new Taco Bell XXL Chalupa, I disagree with this very much. I have a follow up to my previous post The Social Network!

So this week, Taco Bell came out with the XXL Chalupa. Any self-respecting college student will tell you the value of 4th Meal. So, not wanting to let my education get in the way of my learning, I had to try this new creation – if nothing else for educational purposes. Well, let me tell you this was quite the experience.

I approach the counter looking at my feet. At this point, I’m a little self-conscious because I know I want to order this, but at the same time, I don’t want to be judged.

“Yeah, I’ll have that one” I say, as I point to the menu above me. Perfect! It’s ordered and ready to go. I get it to my table, and this is certainly a hot mess of an XXL. So as I’m sitting there, during one of my several breaks (breaks that I need to take to rest from eating) I look down at the box, and in bold letters there is this quote:

Big Things Come in Big Packages

Don’t believe me? Have a look for yourself

The Biggest Taco you've ever had

Take a bite

And that really got me thinking that it’s not just a cute little marketing scheme – it is actually something that applies to my class. As I said, last week our class has developed a tradition of visiting the Varsity Club  (a local campus tradition) to celebrate another week of classes. And in no time at all, we have been able to create quite the stir. We’re known by the owners, we have our own section, but most importantly we have the biggest group of Pushed-Together tables you have seen. It’s amazing to think that we all were strangers until the middle of September. So I think the fact that we have been able to bond this quickly is a pretty BIG THING!

Our Weekly Special

Get Ready to Live!