Free Time

Outside of the classroom, there’s a lot going on at Fisher.  As I’ve mentioned in prior posts, I’ve been busy busy busy.  Technically, I can only speak for myself . . . but, in this case, I’ll confidently go on record to say it’s not just me . . . we’re all extremely busy.  Busy in a good way.

Group projects have started: we just finished our second group case in Accounting, we’ve chosen our group project topic for Econ, Fisher Professional Services’ Project One has officially kicked off (I’m not participating in that one but my roommate is), and some of us have assembled for the upcoming P&G case competition (marketing majors).  All tasks involving small groups also involve small group meetings.  Happily, I report: so far so good.

Most student organizations have kick off meetings this week and next.  So far I’ve joined Fisher Graduate Women in Business and Fisher Association of Marketing Professionals.  Also this week: I apply for Fisher Board Fellows and attend an information session on the Initiative for Managing Services.  Unfortunately, I am double-booked and can’t attend the first meeting of Innovation Fisher (hopefully I’ll be able to connect with them sooner than later).  Honestly, there are so many fantastic organizations to join and get involved with . . . it’s really difficult to choose between them.  My opinion: Choosing is a must.  Without focus, I’ll be in many groups unable to fully contribute.  I’d rather choose a few and really make a difference.

Final free time topic: travel.  I’ve been lucky enough to spend time away from my apartment and from campus lately.

Nice to see you again Cleveland

A couple of weeks ago, I took a roadtrip to Cleveland with my roommate.  Our purpose was two-fold: visit an outlet mall and see Lake Erie.  Lake Erie is the closest largest body of water (for anyone that’s used to the sea, Columbus is a tad land-locked).  Last weekend, I attended the NAWMBA conference in Louisville, KY with approximately 72 other fabulous Fisher females.  REPRESENT!  Today, I visited The Columbus Zoo & Aquarium as a guest (I work there part-time and have spent quality time there prior to starting the full-time MBA program).  I brought my roommate along; while there, we ran into a fellow classmate.  What can I say?  Great minds think alike!

I could do this in my sleep

Side-note: Being from Parma, Ohio and of Polish heritage, I have an affinity for flamingos.  Inspired by this flamingo, I will remember the importance of balance.  I plan to balance life within the program with life outside the program.

perspective enhances appreciation

3 Responses to “Free Time”

1. 1 Mike Griffin October 15, 2010 at 1:12 am

Ok, I admit living in Louisville, I had to know what meant: “Last weekend, I attended the NAWMBA conference in Louisville, KY.” Wanted to make sure nothing strange was happening here. Glad to report that you are clean.

Rock on sister, Louisville is a good place for such things.

2. 2 Eve Wendzicki October 16, 2010 at 4:09 pm

No worries Mike. I guarantee that we ladies were a welcome addition to your fine city for the weekend. Next time, I hope to see more of the city; we didn’t have the chance to venture far (limited amount of free time).

Takin’ your advice and makin’ like David Essex.

3. 3 Khalilah Jardine October 17, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Fantastic post! Your style is so refreshing in comparison to most other bloggers. Thanks for posting when you do, I will be sure to read more!