NAWMBA Conference

I participated in NAWMBA Conference in Louisville, Kentucky on Oct, 1st and Oct. 2nd. It was my great honor to participate the national MBA event as Master of HR student, since I built relationships with wonderful MBAs from different universities in U.S.A and got access to the wonderful sessions given by the top female leaders in big companies.  Also, I took advantage of the career fair on the second day, when I was able to find full-time working opportunities in several companies. I would like to share more about the career fair experience with you.

In order to legally work in U.S., I have to get sponsorship from an employer. So I paid a lot of attention to those companies which offer sponsorship for international students. I tried to learn more about the business plan and workforce plan of the company, the staffing procedure, individual career development as well as requirements for certain positions. After communicating with the employer, I tried to take the contact information of the recruiter, who is interested in me, for further connection. When dealing with those companies that don`t offer sponsorship, I asked for the recruiting information in the China branch, where I can legally work. The lesson I got from this experience is that going through my prior experience is necessary before talking to the recruiters.

As VP of outreach in Fisher Graduate Women in Business, I tried to connect with some companies, which are best companies for female. I really hope I can help my fellow Fisher graduate women get to know more wonderful employers, work-life balance, and women leadership from certain companies.

It is nearly 8:00 PM now. I am writing this article on the bus which is heading back to Columbus from Kentucky. Looking back on the past two-day experience, I would like to say “Thank You” to Fisher, especially the Career Management Office, for creating opportunities to Fisher graduate women, including me.