Time Management

Just like last year, I have a feeling the fall quarter is going to be the busiest time of the year.  (It doesn’t help that it is also football season… and for the first time in 15 years, baseball postseason for my Cincinnati Reds.)

I’m not exactly sure why, but I decided to take all the time intensive classes that I need to graduate this quarter.  That includes Dean Wruck’s finance class and Jay Barney’s advanced strategy class.  Along with these classes, I am also the TA for BA 499: Applied Business Skills and the Environment of Business.  I taught my first class on Wednesday and I think it went pretty well.  Next quarter should be much easier and less time intensive since I’ll already have my PowerPoint slides created and I’ll know the routine.

In the little time I have remaining, my goal is to get back in shape so I can row with some former teammates at the Henley Royal Regatta in England next July.  Hopefully I will become more efficient with my time so I can find a way to get everything done… while still getting some sleep.

Author: Joseph Fahrendorf

• Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio • Attended St. Xavier H.S.; rowed on the crew team • Moved to Connecticut in 2002 for college; earned a degree in History • Hired in 2006 as an Associate for an executive recruiting and corporate governance firm in Greenwich, CT • Left my job in May 2009 to travel in China & Europe before starting FCOB