In Memoriam H.K.S.A.R.

‘Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
-Lord Tennyson´╗┐

(Don’t be alarmed – no one died in the making of this blog post)

Firstly, it was wonderful to be on campus yesterday for the Buckeye football game versus Miami. Beating the U didn’t hurt either.

Secondly, being back in Columbus has been great so far. I’ve already had the opportunity to mix and mingle with many members of the first year class (I’ve finally accepted being called a second year). I don’t know if I will ever tire of meeting new people – I certainly derive quite a bit of energy from being around people.

Thirdly, making the trip (albeit brief) back to Dayton to see friends from The Greene was pleasant as usual. It also served to remind me of the perpetual state of change we find ourselves in. While many familiar faces remain, many have moved on to other places and other things. And even those that remain have changed in their own unique way.

Fourthly, for those of you familiar with Fisher Commons, I can speak from experience when I say that the corn field adjacent to us is passable and a viable shortcut home when returning from campus. Traversing it reminded me of the small plot of corn we had when I was growing up – and that fall is beginning to set in here in central Ohio.

Finally, Hong Kong. Again. Being back in Columbus and seeing everyone has been great. But it seems everywhere I go I notice little things that make me appreciate even more what  I had this summer. I certainly hope that I get the chance to return, if for nothing more than a visit.

We took a lot of pictures during our stay. I have compiled a select group of them to share (thanks to Anil, Javier, Khalid, Nadine, and Ross for providing some of the photos):

1 Response to “In Memoriam H.K.S.A.R.”

1. 1 Dan's Dad September 14, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I like the traffic circle. And your cute date in picture 32.