Summer training

As the summer solstice burns on, I fail to convince my kids that their bedtime is earlier than 9:30.

I figure that I’ll give up my strategy for summer training.  Usually once classes start, my workout routine is usually the first thing to drop.   This summer quarter, though, I roped myself into a morning swim class at the local community center.  The swim classes carry enough obligation for me to stay loyal to myself.  However, a 6am workout, work, family and a 8-10pm class makes for a long day.  We’ll see how it goes…

I hear that the RPAC Aquatic center is awesome.  Perhaps I’ll make it down to the McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion and swim with the sharks.

• The RPAC Aquatic Center is home to three distinct swimming pools – leisure, class and lap, and also a recreation whirlpool spa. Lap swimming is available during all aquatic center hours in the six lane, 25 yard lap pool. Lap swimming may also be available in the eight lane, 25 yard, class pool if scheduling allows. The leisure pool is a 2,848 square foot shallow depth pool with warmer water temperatures and interactive water features.