Friends and Family

With MLK Day off, I had the chance to go back home for a couple of days last weekend. It had been ten months since I had been back in my hometown of Tucson, Arizona. Needless to say, I had a lot of catching up to do with friends and family.

With numerous breakfasts, lunches, coffee meetings and nights out, I didn’t get a whole lot of sleep, but it was all worth it. Hanging out with my childhood friends was like stepping back into my early twenties. I got to see one of my best friends who I hadn’t seen in over five years, who was practically a brother to me when I was young. I hung out with all my best guy friends, most of them who I’ve known since I was in elementary school. I also got to spend lots of quality time with my 16-year old brother (my only sibling), who is the joy of my life. It was really nice to leave the books at home and forget about school for a couple of days. I came back to school on Tuesday a little tired, but totally re-energized from the love of friends and family.

Now it’s back to reality as this quarter is picking up fast. In two weekends, we will be representing Ohio State at the Wake Forest MBA Marketing Summit Case Competition. We recently found out the other schools that are competing: Wake Forest, BYU, Notre Dame, UNC, University of London, IESE and Dartmouth. Pretty stiff competition indeed. On top of our class loads and extracurricular duties, we’ve been busy meeting as a team and doing research on IBM (the lead corporate sponsor who we will be solving a real-world challenge for). Hopefully, all the hard work pays off as the first place team wins $50,000.

I’ve also been working on putting together the Ohio State team for the Duke MBA Games. This is an annual event put on by the Fuqua School of Business that brings a couple dozen teams from MBA programs across the country together to compete to raise money for Special Olympics. I didn’t go last year, but I heard it’s an amazing time. This year we have an awesome team, so I’m really looking forward to the competition.

There are a couple more exciting events in the near future, but I’ll save those for the next blog.

Mike ^_^

Friends for a lifetime
22575_239240017394_502212394_2838474_7927235_n

My little brother and best friend
22232_1304640452147_1114574701_987486_8346122_n