The end of football

It has recently become very evident that I will have little free time this quarter.  Between working on my core classes and my recently invigorated summer internship search, this might be my busiest quarter of the year.  I guess for the benefit of my MBA degree, the Bengals lost in the playoffs yesterday to the NY Jets.  There is no doubt that with my team out of the playoffs, I will now have significantly more time available each week.  Gone are the days of spending endless hours on to get the most up-to-date information on my team, gone are the Sundays of spending four hours watching the game and then several additional hours either too happy or depressed to do any work.

I was actually at the Bengals game this Sunday with my dad and brothers.  The 1 degree wind chill was not nearly as bad as losing.  I’m still upset about the loss, but eventually I will adapt to life without football.  Hopefully I do this sooner rather than later, especially since I have an important phone interview with a recruiter from Cardinal Health on Tuesday.  I will be speaking with her about their summer marketing internship and hopefully I can make a positive impression.

Author: Joseph Fahrendorf

• Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio • Attended St. Xavier H.S.; rowed on the crew team • Moved to Connecticut in 2002 for college; earned a degree in History • Hired in 2006 as an Associate for an executive recruiting and corporate governance firm in Greenwich, CT • Left my job in May 2009 to travel in China & Europe before starting FCOB