A new chapter – Q2

Tomorrow is the first day of the second quarter. Christmas break was great, but I’m glad that it is over. Three weeks is a long time off and towards the end I started to feel restless.

This quarter I am taking five classes. Four are mandatory: Cost Accounting, Finance, Operations Management and Marketing. The elective that I’ll be taking is Negotiations. Even before taking a single class, I think I can say that I’ll prefer the second quarter over the first quarter classes. Marketing and Operations are two areas that I am considering as majors.

I wish I had better news to report. I am writing this blog as I watch my beloved Cincinnati Bengals get crushed by the NY Jets. Fortunately the Bengals are in the playoffs and it just so happens that they’ll be playing the Jets in Cincinnati next weekend in the first round of the playoffs. I’ll need to make sure to get all my reading done during the week so that I can return home this weekend to attend the game.  Who Dey!

– Joe

Author: Joseph Fahrendorf

• Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio • Attended St. Xavier H.S.; rowed on the crew team • Moved to Connecticut in 2002 for college; earned a degree in History • Hired in 2006 as an Associate for an executive recruiting and corporate governance firm in Greenwich, CT • Left my job in May 2009 to travel in China & Europe before starting FCOB