Yesterday I went for a jog at the Fred Beekman Park for a little over 4 miles (well, I ran 2 and walked 2). That was my first real exercise in almost 3 months! The day was perfect although the temperature was a little chilly. Nevertheless, my body was tired after the run because how out-of-shape I’ve been since moving to Columbus, but my mind was refreshed and I was ready to study for 824 and put together my 804 report!
As Manru said in her previous post, life has been extremely busy (and crazy) since week 2 of school. I am willing to bet that this is the case for everyone in the Fisher graduate programs, because we’re just that good. LOL! So on top of Manru’s time management tips, I’d like to add one personal touch and that is, give yourself a minimum of an hour or two a week and get away from the books and reports. Because as you approach that threshold where you start losing focus and motivation, if you’re like me then you’ll find yourself surfing on facebook or slickdeals or simply idling when you could be recharging yourself outside!
Here are some of my suggestions for a temporary escape from school work:
- Exercise – Fred Beekman Park, RPAC, ARC, or the gym downstairs at your apartment complex
- Columbus Zoo – you can get cheap tickets at the student union
- Visit German Village, Amish Country, etc
- Sleep – this one is particularly precious these days… when all else fail to interest you, take a huge nap!
- Last but not least, come read our blogs and see what suggestions or stories we have for you. heheh okay just kidding…
Relax! Chances are you’ll be in a group with 3-5 people so I’m sure you can lean on your team for a couple hours. However, I will not be held liable if your group decides to take a field trip to the zoo and somehow miss your project/report deadline… XD