Chadwick Arboretum and Learning Gardens

Recently I’ve been missing Austin, but as soon as the leaves started changing, I quickly remembered why I moved back to the Midwest.  I love the seasons, especially fall.  There are so many fun fall activities such as pumpkin carving, corn mazes, and of course, football!

When the leaves have changed to beautiful oranges, reds, and purples I can sit and stare at the trees forever.  OSU campus has the perfect place to enjoy the fall colors too.  It is called Chadwick Arboretum and it is right next to the business college.  Chadwick Arboretum is such a perfect place to take one of those extremely interesting books about business structures or strategic business planning and study.

Chadwick Arboretum also has a labyrinth in its Lane Avenue Gardens.  Sometimes, as graduate students, we need a place to go contemplate life.  As stated on the Chadwick Arboretum and Learning Gardens website, “The labyrinth symbolizes the cyclic journey that each of us must take daily and seasonally throughout our lives as we follow a path to unity and wholeness. While reaching the center of the labyrinth is a goal, every participant in this ancient ritual will approach the center and then be taken back to an outer circuit that is far removed from their destination. Eventually, however, the center is reached. The lesson of the labyrinth is simple: As long as you persist, you will reach your destination.”

There is a ton of excellent information on the Chadwick Arboretum and Learning Gardens website about the labyrinth, as well as information about their volunteer program.  I hope everyone gets out to visit the Arboretum because it is truly beautiful!