Much Ado About Nothing

Welcome back everyone. We’ve got a considerable amount of material to cover and, as always, I am pressed for time. Therefore, I am going to utilize bullet points:

• Hitting the deck seems to have been a theme for me this past week. On Saturday, myself, JF, MF, and MH met at the ARC to play some basketball. For those of you who have met me, you know I don’t exactly have a basketball build. For those of you have haven’t, be creative. This was also the second time I touched a basketball since sometime in high school  (Lebron, watch out, I’m coming for ya). After playing some knockout and a couple of 2 on 2 games, we all were a little tired and sweaty. However, as business students always looking for a challenge, we tried to find some people to play us 4 on 4. Apparently, undergraduates are afraid of us at the ARC – wouldn’t play us.  Little did they know we are all old, out-of-shape graduate students. After this, we simply returned to play another 2 on 2 game – and the plot thickens. During this game, as I was changing direction, I heard that unmistakable pop, made an unforgettable face, and fell to the ground. There was no laughing this time. I sprained my right ankle pretty good. So I apologized to my friends for bailing early, limped home, applied pressure, iced it, and popped some painkillers. Thankfully, I was feeling good enough to make it out for Saturday night celebrations as the chauffeur, the always popular fedora and all.
  • I signed up for the Vietnam Emerging Market Field Study class and put down the deposit. This a 4 credit hour course for the winter quarter and ends with a ~10 day trip to Vietnam to solve some business problems and briefly immerse one’s self in the country. I can’t wait!
  • Football – Purdue blew their lead over Northwestern and now has a 1-4 record. It’s practically like being a Brown’s fan at this point…
  • Football –  OSU rolled over Indiana. Well done.
  • Football –  St. Xavier High School defeated their arch-rival Cincinnati Elder on Friday night. Yes, I know I am a graduate student but I definitely still follow my high school’s football team. Don’t judge me.
  • Football – While watching the Bengals – Browns game I heard Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” being played in the stadium before the beginning of overtime. Do I even need to explain this one?
  • Fisher Professional Services – Project One kick-off was today, free lunch and all – NOT pizza. FPS is a student organization that sets FCOB apart from almost all other business schools. If you are a prospective student reading this, you really should check out their website.
  • MBA860 – Professor Inks asked if we had “hit our stride” yet. I knew precisely what he meant. I know for myself, I have not been asked to perform at this level since my undergraduate days. Early mornings and late nights are common. Tons of reading. Student organizations to get involved in. Information Sessions. Career management meetings. It’s a lot of work, but as the FPS 2nd years told us later in the day, it’s manageable. “We are all survivors of what you are going through. You’ll look back and realize how much fun you had.”

“In time the savage bull doth bear the yoke.” – William Shakespeare

-NWF

4 thoughts on “Much Ado About Nothing”

1. Vietnam?!?! That’s awesome Nick!
    PS You better be referring to your love for Journey… otherwise I may have to stop reading the blog due to unreconciliable differences

2. Tim, my sentiments exactly! Cornhole….LOL!!!

Nick….keep up the great writings! We enjoy them very much and love hearing what you have been up to!

Cheryl