So you might be asking yourself, who is this character?

Well, let me tell you!

You can call me Stacey, Stace, “hey you”, or that crazy car lady – they all will probably get a response :)

Where I’m from: I grew up in Southeast Michigan (pause for boo-ing).

What I did in school: I went to Michigan State University for a B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, and then stuck around an extra year to get an M.S. in Manufacturing & Engineering Management. I graduated in 2007, and moved to Columbus for a job with Owens Corning.

Where I’ve worked:

• Pizza Hut – server
  • Mama Mia’s – server
  • Mrs. Fields Cookies – cashier/counter service
  • The Limited – retail associate
  • Oakland Community College – math tutor
  • Architectural Painting, Inc – painter of multi-million dollar homes, businesses and warehouses
  • Michigan State University – undergrad researcher in the chemical engineering and materials science engineering departments
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology – undergrad researcher in the chemical engineering department
  • Prime Housing Group – maintenance (drywall repair, carpet removal, painting, etc)
  • Owens Corning – manufacturing engineer, furnace engineer

“Fun” facts:

• I LOVE cars… especially mine. If it has a V8 or three pedals, chances are I want to drive it.
My project car, the '87 Lincoln Towncar
My project car, the ’87 Lincoln Towncar
Ah yes, the new motor. What a beautiful sight.

• I have guinea pigs – four of them! They are my own version of Animal Planet.
    The oldest guinea pig, he's almost 6.

The oldest guinea pig, he's almost 6.

The second oldest, named for a materials scientist.

The second youngest, also known as "the spaz"

The youngest pig, a little bit of a devil.

• I have a weakness for frozen, caffeinated beverages.
  • My favorite times of year are when the leaves change color, and when there’s a fresh coat of ice on the trees – so beautiful.

My goals for this blog:

• To give you all a perspective of an “outsider” and an “insider”. I’ve lived and worked in four different states, so I have some ability to make realistic comparisons.
  • To provide some comedic relief! I am a firm believer in the “you must enjoy what you’re doing” philosophy!
  • To get prospective students excited about the opportunities that Fisher, and the OSU community as a whole, can offer them.

Enjoy!