The Book Loft: One Of My Favorite Columbus Places

Re-posted from shaymerritte.com/blog

So I went to the Book Loft in German Village. Imagine a fun house with all those wacky mirror, but instead replace all those mirrors with books. Now imagine a haunted house with a whole bunch of sketchy people in costumes but replace all those sketch people in costumes with books. Now imagine 30 other kinds of houses with some salient feature, but replace said salient feature with books. Welcome to the Book Loft, located on South 3rd Street, “The Loft”  is more than a block long and has 32 rooms of books, but also greeting cards, calenders AND OHIO’S LARGEST SELECTION OF JIGSAW PUZZLES. Now that I have your attention, I must apologize that the Book Loft doesn’t have any coffee or pastries, no re branded Starbucks crap here. This is a true, independent bookstore (with greeting cards and puzzles). On top of all of that, EVERY BOOK is at least 5% off the cover price, most are even cheaper than that. So if you have a spare couple of hours to spend to get lost in a labyrinth of literature, hit this bad boy up. please. Also if you have a few minutes and are feeling nostalgic about vintage web design and animated gifs… check out their website (I am in love with it).

1 thought on “The Book Loft: One Of My Favorite Columbus Places”