I said – “How can I help you?”

When I left India for Fisher College of Business, I told my mama that I will keep contributing to India in best possible manner. The week I arrived at Columbus, I heard that ‘Sankalpa’ needs volunteers for their football game stalls.

‘Sankalpa’  is an organization founded in 2001 by OSU students for social welfare in India.The philosophy of operation behind ‘Sankalpa’ is a resolution to commit to social development in India at an individual and/or organizational level. The money raised by ‘Sankalpa’ goes to the charity organizations in India.

Without any doubt in my mind, I said ‘YES’

What an experience !

100px-Ohio_State_Buckeyes_logo_svgBuckeye

OSU Football Team is also called the Buckeyes after the state tree. This team is a religion for OHIO. In the morning, the whole of the campus turned scarlet to support the home team. It was a festival outside the stadium before the final battle. In the early morning, we hurried into the stalls and prepared our things before we open.

Sir/Maam , How can I help you?

Serving at 'Sankalpa'

I was at the counter selling hotdogs,Bratwurst, Nachos, Popcorn,Candy, Cracker-Jack, Pretzel ,Soft Drinks and everything these supporters desired to keep their flames burning . It felt great as I was not only helping needy people back home in India but also serving Buckeyes with important fuels to keep them gorging at the enemy.

The whole stadium kept roaring!

After working for a long time, I got a chance to go and watch the game. I went up and I was with the crowd. The crowd had gone frenzied. There were shouts of O-H-I-O from each direction of the stadium in complete rhythm and tandem. I was in the part of the crowd that was shouting ‘I’. We shouted at the top of our voice I and it was such an unifying experience.

Then and there I felt that I belonged to this place.

Me with Brutus Supporting Buckeyes Jyotisko_Sinha_4

Buckeyes won their game and I felt myself to be a small factor in our win.

GO BUCKEYES !……………we love you.