Moving to Columbus

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Kyle Ward-Dahl. I decided back in January that I would be attending the Fisher College of Business to earn my Masters of Accounting. Since then, the time has seemingly flown by. I graduated from Christopher Newport University (a small liberal arts school in the Virginia Beach area) and then lived and worked (mostly worked it seemed) in Northern Virginia/DC all summer.

My fiancee Sarah and I moved to the Columbus area Friday the 11th. Sarah will be joining me on this adventure. She found a great job in HR with Dish Network. For those of you with significant others, even though the Ohio job market is tough, it CAN be done. Hopefully her working can help pay for pizzas on those late nights studying 🙂

Sarah and I decided we wanted to go to the USC game, so we bought tickets from a scalper (not the cheapest way to do it) and headed to the game. There is just something special about big-time college football. OSU fans set a new Ohio Stadium attendance record that night, and boy was it loud. That game was awesome, even though the ending wasn’t what we were hoping for.

We moved into our duplex just north of campus, and spent literally the entire weekend finding furniture for our place.  Kitchen table/chairs, mattress, dressers etc. Most of the stuff we found either on Craigslist, or got really good deals on, which we were both excited about. I am currently searching for a bike, as campus is a little far to walk. Orientation started early Tuesday the 14th, and a wrap up of that will follow in my next post.

Cheers

1 thought on “Moving to Columbus”