Montana…and class is only 3 days away…

Now that school is only a few days away, I figured I’d write my first post. Yesterday I flew back from Montana where I was visiting my brother. Having never been to that part of the country before, I didn’t know what to expect, but I had a great time. I flew into Kalispell which is only a short drive from where my brother lives in Whitefish.

The best part of the weekend was our trip to Glacier National Park on Friday where we hiked the Siyeh Pass Trail. As you can see from the link, the highest elevation is 8,080 feet (more than 1.5 miles high) and I can attest that you get tired quickly when you are hiking in air that thin. Luckily, we avoided the bears, but were able to spot some bighorn sheep, mountain goats and mule deer. All told, it took a little less than 5 hours to hike the trail with many stops along the way to rest, drink and take pictures. I was exhausted at the end, but it was definitely worth it and I strongly recommend checking out the park.

How does any of this relate to school? With all of my travel time to and from Montana, I was able to read all of “The Mystery of Capital” and most of “Super Crunchers” while I was sitting in airports and on the plane. They were good reads and should make for some interesting discussions in class. Only 3 more days until class starts and I still have a little bit of reading to do for class on Thursday…

Here are a few pictures I took along the Siyeh Pass Trail.