Village, District, whatever the name, they’re all great!

A busy night in short north

A busy night in short north

Having grown up in Philadelphia, I was always surrounded by culture and different neighborhoods. I have been in C-bus (How the locals call it) for about three weeks now and i haven’t had a moment when i haven’t liked it. My first night after driving a uhaul for 8 hours from Philly, i needed a beer and found Short North to be an excellent fit. The area is just south of campus and offers a wide array of restaurants and shops with a great neighborhood feel. Over the past few weeks I have made it back to the area a few times and have also discovered other areas such as German Village and the Arena District (a place where i think i will spend a lot of time this coming year with fellow classmates as we have already had some great bonding time there). Best of all is that all these neighborhoods with their different offerings are all within a short distance of Campus.

South Campus Gateway

Eddie George's Grill below the apartments. A popular spot on gamedays.

When I was looking for a place to live I wanted to be surrounded by one of these “neighborhoods” but with not having time to make it out to tour buildings I had to search online and found South campus gateway, a new development on the south edge of campus to be a great fit. It offers housing for grad students (mostly law and med) and many restaurants, bars and shops. What makes it perfect for me is that it is a 10-12 min walk from Fisher, saving me the parking “enjoyment” many of my fellow classmates have told me about.

Have to run now, one of my new friends/classmates is coming by to watch Entourage but I’ll keep you updated on the more neighborhoods I visit as I continue to explore my new city.