Offcampus.osu.edu

Hi, everyone!

My name is Lily and I am a newcomer not only to OSU but to the United States as well. I am absolutely thrilled to share my exciting American experience with you! Please follow me as I embark on this blogging mission! Although everything is new to me, I find life in America to be fascinating and everyone is so friendly here. So I’d like to label my first month here in America as the “Honey Moon Stage.”

Before moving to the USA, I had to find an off-campus house online. I found the OSU website to be one of the most resourceful and helpful websites in my search. I strongly recommend this website http://www.offcampus.osu.edu/ to those of you who prefer off-campus life. You can find various kinds of houses as well as roommates through that website. In fact, I actually found my roommate Jessica through this website. Jessica is an American and she is also in the MLHR program at Fisher. She has been teaching me American cooking, culture, language, movies and games. She also introduced me to her family and friends who made me feel welcome. We went shopping at Polaris Mall, Barnes & Noble and Kroger. Now I am no longer a lonely international student, and I feel at home in this city and enjoy the life here. Moreover,  I feel at home in our warm and cozy apartment, which is full of lots of food and furniture. In addition, our apartment is very conducive to studying because it is quiet! I want to thank  OSU and Jessica for making my transition to the United States an easy one.

Jess and I also attended the MLHR orientation together this week. I will never forget the Geocaching Activity that we did at orientation.Although the Geocaching activity was exhausting and at times frustrating, I appreciated the activity because I got the chance to get to know a few of my fellow classmates, John and Brian.

Ultimately, this activity got me thinking about my own personal goals, teamwork, and motivation.I am now always thinking about how to set the team goal and my individual goal, how to assign jobs, how to cultivate intelligence and a spirit of commitment etc. By the way, this is not the only one activity that enlightened me in Fisher, there are many activities held by Fisher that motivate me to explore more about life, study and work.Furthermore, I will look forward to participating in many future Fisher activities.

I look forward to receiving your comments on my blog and to sharing more with you  about my life here. Next time, I will tell you about my close friend and classmate Eva. And I will also tell you about my experience with the GPO! Signing off now to take a relaxing bubble bath (Thanks to Jess who taught me what a bubble bath was and who bought me my very own bubble bath!!!!)