Here I Stand

Where do I begin?  Well, first off I’d like to introduce myself to you.  My name is LaToya Prevost and I am a 23 year old (soon to be 24) from New Orleans, LA.  The first question everyone asks me upon learning of my hometown is, “So what made you decide to attend Ohio State?”  The answer is simple. I chose to attend Ohio State based on the curriculum the MLHR program would offer me.  I am trusting this college (Fisher) and this university to help mold me into the business executive that I envision myself to be.

Okay, so now that we are acquainted, on to the meat and potatoes of this blog entry.  I could go on and speak about my orientation and my first impressions of the college or the city of Columbus, but my time here thus far represents so much more to me at this moment.  Don’t get me wrong, I am PLENTY excited about continuing my education as a graduate student.  However, I am even more excited about this new found journey I am embarking on. Perhaps, another title for this blog entry could be, “The Maturation of LaToya Prevost,” because that is where I feel like I am.  The girl is blossoming into a woman; a self-sufficient woman at that! (winks right eye)

I find myself doing things that I have dreamed of doing since first graduating from undergrad in 2007:  living alone, navigating my way around a new city, meeting new people, and most importantly working towards my career goals.  This last week has represented the culmination of ideas I have built up in my head for years.  My life has been filled with highs and lows, and when I look back at my journal entries from a year ago, I can not believe the amount of change that has happened in just one year. That being said, I can’t wait to see what today, a year from now looks like!