A little background about a mid-level career engineer

As a new blogger, to this or any other site, I think it’s appropriate to give a little background on myself.  Hopefully some of you will be able to consider my perspective when evaluating my comments.   Or, perhaps I am thinking to much into this.  Regardless, here we go …

I am a mid-thirties engineering professional with both a bachelors and masters degree in electrical engineering.  I have worked in industry for nearly 15 years with a progressive career track.  I have worked for a large government contractor, a telecomm spin-off, a biomedical start-up, an independent contractor, a instrumentation product developer and even my own electronics distributor proprietorship.  I had the opportunity to see businesses launched with the promise of exciting break-through products and I’ve seen millions of dollars lost when a company can’t deliver what is promised.     My experience comes not just from the engineering side, it’s from the real business world.  I hope I can deliver these varied experiences and perspective to the blog.

As one of the older student bloggers on this site, my blog will primarily be geared toward the mid-level career-focused professional, trying to juggle the responsibilities of home, work, school and life.  I am writing not to give advice, but just to share my thoughts on the matter.

…  Perhaps you all will give me advice.

Best,

Richard