Happy Applicants = Happy Alisa!

When Alisa is happy, everyone is happy!

This is Alisa.  Alisa is known around the Graduate Programs Office (GPO) as the Fairy Godmother.  She has a way of helping the problems of our students just magically go away.

In reality, she is our Front Desk Associate and she takes care of everyone and everything around here.  If you have come to Gerlach Hall, you have met Alisa, and if you have called our main phone number at 614-292-8511, you have likely spoken with Alisa.  This time of year Alisa gets bombarded with phone calls from nervous applicants, which is certainly understandable given the stress that you are under to meet the application deadlines.  The most common phone call she receives these days goes something like this:  “I just submitted my application, but my online checklist still says I am missing transcripts.”  On most days, you hear a smiling Alisa on the other end of the phone, ready and willing to answer any questions you have.  However, if you remember from my last blog post, we have to match up your online application with any supplemental materials you may have sent us.  Since this is a manual process, the application checklist does not get updated in “real time.”  As such, please be patient at wait at least five business days before inquiring about your application status, as it will likely take this long for your status to get updated online.   Also, keep in mind that the Graduate Programs Office will be closed on Thursday, December 23 and Friday, December 24.

Alisa is more than happy to answer any questions you might have, but there isn’t much she can do if you JUST submitted your application. Plus, she may be the Fairy Godmother and all, but she is also only one person and she may not have all of the answers.  Sometimes, the answer is just to wait a little bit longer, because we promise, the information is coming!  Feel free to check your application status as often as you like by logging in to your Apply Yourself account (the account you used to create your application).  Technical assistance is available from that page as well, in case you forget your username or password.

Good luck!

Alisa and the rest of the Graduate Programs Office wish you a very happy holiday season.  We hope to see you in Gerlach Hall soon!

1 Response to “Happy Applicants = Happy Alisa!”

1. 1 Vikram December 21, 2010 at 11:16 pm

I met her when I came for admissions interview and yes I was wonderfully treated at the desk! You’re doing a great job Alisa!