A Message from Dean West
Welcome to the start of another exciting academic year!
As Fisher students, you represent the next generation of business leaders dedicated to making lasting and meaningful impacts in your careers and in the world around you -- and I'm excited to share with you a number of new enhancements and initiatives to help better prepare you for this journey.
I encourage you to take advantage of all that Fisher has to offer, and I look forward to seeing you on campus!
Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs
New enhancements and initiatives
- Our academic advising team has made it easier for you to schedule appointments with a new scheduling system available through your phone, tablet, or computer. In the coming weeks, we will also launch a new online student handbook (look for it on our advising website). In addition, we have expanded our staff of advisors -- all to better serve you and increase access to advising.
- We have a number of outstanding faculty who have joined the Fisher community this year. You can learn more about their experience, interests, and skills by visiting the college's new faculty web page. We are excited about the added strengths these Fisher faculty members will bring to our academic programs, research programs, and -- most importantly -- to your educational experience.
- We have launched our new Nationwide Leadership & Engagement Office. This valuable student resource has been designed to provide you with opportunities to enhance and enrich your Fisher experience and global perspective. Initiatives include: Business Scholars Program & Global Business Learning Community, FisherDirect, Industry Clusters, student organization support, mentoring and networking programs, professional development and leadership workshops, company site visits, a Leaders & Legacy Speaker Series, and more. Stop by 311 Schoenbaum Hall to get to know everything that director Kirsten Fox and her team offer!
- Industry Clusters -- one of the premiere experiential learning opportunities at Fisher and in the nation -- continues to expand the ways students connect with executives in highly relevant fields. In addition to clusters in consumer packaged goods, energy & sustainability, financial services, and health care, we've added new clusters in manufacturing and business analytics. If you are a freshman or sophomore interested in taking a deep dive into a specific industry, I encourage you to explore the eligibility criteria and application materials today.
- To provide a better learning experience, each of our core business courses now has a faculty coordinator responsible for improving collaboration and consistency between class sections. We have also equipped Berry Auditorium with technology to capture and test both "virtual lecture" and "online lecture" formats in a few of our core courses. Students can choose how they experience these courses (traditional vs. virtual lecture, or traditional vs. online lecture). Based on what we learn, we hope to expand these opportunities in the future.