Fisher College of Business logo

Undergraduate Internships: Unpaid Internships/Course Credit

BA 2191– Intended for Students who are required to earn credit for their internship

Internships are not a required component of the curriculum at Fisher; therefore students do not receive credit for doing internships. The Office Career Management does offer a course that students can enroll in if their internship employer requires them to earn credit, or for international students doing CPT(Curricular Practical Training). BA 2191 is taught in an independent-study format and students must complete a series of assignment related to their internship.

The majority of internships completed by Fisher students are paid and the Office of Career Management encourages all employers to pay their interns.

How to enroll in BA 2191:

Schedule an appointment with a Career Management staff member in 150 Gerlach (292-6024) and bring documentation from your employer stating that you must receive credit. 

  • If you are an International Student you must also bring your CPT form to the appointment.
  • If your internship is Unpaid your employer will need to fill out the Documentation for Unpaid Internships form.  Please bring this to your appointment in Career Management.

Information about BA 2191 options

Beginning Spring 2013 BA 2191 will be offered for a full semester at 1 credit hour.  Students who will only be interning for part of the semester will also have the option to enroll in the class for one 7 week session (1/2 credit hour), either Session 1 or Session 2 depending on when your internship takes place.

  • Please note- You must take BA 2191 during the semester in which you are interning
  • For the full semester course you must enroll by the 5th Friday of the semester
  • For each 7 week session you must enroll by the 3rd Friday of the session
  • If adding a course after the 2nd Friday of the semester, a fee of $100 per course will be charged. In addition, students must obtain the Department Chair’s Signature on their course permission form after meeting with the Office of Career Management.