Graduate Student Resources
The Office of Career Management offers a comprehensive approach to providing highly personalized, career-focused programming and career consultation specifically designed for business graduate students.
- Career Core – a series of online modules and assignments before your program begins, and in-person discussions and presentations during orientation
- Career Foundation Seminars – a series of interactive and intensive seminars based upon your career focus, conducted by Fisher faculty, staff, alumni and business professionals
- Career Success Series – specific career-focused workshops designed to help you become the best-prepared job seeker
- Career Consultation – consultants are discipline-specific and sustain relationships with students enrolled in the MAcc, MBA, MBLE, MHRM and SMF programs through periodic appointments. Consultants can assist you with clarifying your career goals, developing your marketing plan, refining your resume/cover letter, interviewing, networking and negotiation skills
- Events – students can stay active with the job search through taking advantage of on-campus recruiting, job fairs, networking events, information sessions and group trips
Whether you are looking to advance within your current company or make a switch to another company or functional area, Fisher offers the tools and resources to help facilitate your career success. The consultant is regularly available between the hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., but also offers early morning, evening and weekend appointments by request.
If you are a graduate student enrolled in the Fisher College of Business and have questions or wish to schedule an individual career search consultation, call 614-292-6024 or visit our office in 150 Gerlach Hall.
Graduate Career Search Steps
The Office of Career Management offers many resources to assist students with managing their job search and meeting their career goals. Please review our Career Search Guide and follow the steps below.
Explore, Plan and Access Online Resources
Create a Career Marketing Plan
- Career Marketing Plan (PDF)
A framework to guide and execute your search, based on your self-assessment and career and industry research.
Assess and Identify Your Target Career
The following resources provide industry, company and career information as well as career search advice:
A web-based career assessment tool for MBA students.
Register by entering your OSU e-mail address and a password. Check out the various guides that include comprehensive information about careers and industries.
- Vault Career Insider
Enter your OSU e-mail address, then select "Create an Account." Research companies and industries, review job search tips and read company reviews from various professionals
- Hoover's Online
This database supplies comprehensive company, industry, and market information. It provides information on 12 million companies, with in-depth coverage of 40,000 of the world's top business enterprises.
- Private Equity HUB (peHUB)
An interactive forum for the private equity community, which includes venture capitalists, buyout professionals, attorneys, bankers, entrepreneurs and MBA candidates studying private equity.
- Going Global
View U.S. and international job/internship listings, industry profiles, country-specific career information, permit/visa regulations, and H1B employer listings (accessible through FisherConnect)
Prepare Resumes, Cover Letters and Job Search Correspondence
Build Networks and Relationships
Search for Positions
Our online job management system enables you to connect with employers and opportunities. Use FisherConnect to post your resume, find jobs, internships, on-campus interview schedules, employer contacts and career fairs all in one system.
Prepare for Interviews
Accept Position and Report Offers