FisherConnect - Employer Guide
Register & Log-in
Go to http://fisher.osu.edu/offices/career-management/fisherconnect/
- New User: Click on “Register” to create a new account and follow prompts.
- Returning User: Enter your username and password. Click “Go” to log in.
By registering through the FisherConnect portal, you are establishing a recruiting relationship with the system. This means your log in credentials will only work at this log in portal. If you are interested in establishing a recruiting relationship with another system in Buckeye Careers Network, contact email@example.com.
Navigate the Homepage – Home tab
- View announcements and observe system alerts.
- Quickly advance to other sections of FisherConnect using shortcuts.
- Send feedback to the FisherConnect manager.
- If you have recruiting relationships outside of FisherConnect in the Buckeye Careers Network system, use the Jump To feature to seamlessly move into those other systems.
Manage Your Account – My Account tab
- Edit your contact information.
- Manage system access by changing your password.
- View instructions and help documentation in the Document Library.
Manage Important Dates and Personal Events – Calendar tab
- Browse upcoming events by day, week, month, or year.
- View event postings as well as maintain your own personal event calendar.
Build a Company Profile – My Profile tab
- Add information related to industry, products/services, and awards/accomplishments.
- Identify and explain your company culture, including uploading a logo or company branding image.
- Make your contact information viewable to students, or add additional student viewable contacts within your company who may not need to be tied to position postings in the system.
Post a Position and Review Applications – Add/View Job Postings tab
- Click the “Add New” button to post a position to the system and submit for approval.
- While you can edit previously approved jobs, they must be re-approved if edits are made.
- Choose “Deactivate” to remove a position from student view prior to its expiration date.
- View who has applied to each position you’ve posted by clicking on “Student Resumes”.
- View your previously posted system jobs.
- Download and save applicant packets.
Search for Students– Resume Books tab
This is not a default service upon registering. To request access to resume books, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find students based on academic criteria such as class level, major, and GPA.
- Email students directly about opportunities with your company or organization.
Come Recruit on Ohio State’s Campus – On-campus Recruiting (OCR) tab
This is not a default service upon registering. To request access to on-campus recruiting, contact email@example.com.
- Request a schedule to interview students at Ohio State.
- Post positions for which you will be recruiting during your on-campus time.
- View applicants to OCR positions and accept/decline interview candidates.
- Recruiting schedules must be approved; you may be contacted for further info.
Attend an Event at Ohio State – Career Events tab
- View and register for select career fairs.
Not all career fairs use FisherConnect to capture registrations. Additional recruiting opportunities may exist that focus on your target candidate. Be sure to review http://careers.osu.edu for a current list of career fairs held during the academic year across campus.
- Request to hold an information session on campus; you may be contacted for further info.
Office of Career Management
Fisher College of Business
The Ohio State University
150 Gerlach Hall
2108 Neil Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210-1144