Employer Resources - Start Recruiting
Thank you for your interest in recruiting students and alumni through Fisher College of Business Office of Career Management. On this page, we have organized the basic steps to get started with recruiting and sourcing great candidates for your full-time and internship opportunities.
Call our office at 614-292-6024 to speak with a recruiting consultant. Our experienced staff members will help you:
- Identify the type of student you’d like to target (undergraduate, graduate, alumni, specific majors, experience levels, etc.)
- Discuss how to target and promote your opportunity to the appropriate students or alumni
- Schedule interview dates and reserve interview space
- Identify methods to build your employer brand, meet potential candidates and promote your opportunities through on-campus information sessions, career fairs, workshops and networking events
- Periodically evaluate your recruiting strategy to ensure long-term success.
- 1. Click the “Add New” button to post a position to the system and submit for approval.
- While you can edit previously approved jobs, they must be re-approved if edits are made.
- Choose “Deactivate” to remove a position from student view prior to its expiration date.
- View who has applied to each position you’ve posted by clicking on “Student Resumes”.
- View your previously posted system jobs.
- Download and save applicant packets.
- Include a date for when you want the position posted and for when you want to the job posting to expire.
- Take time to choose criteria you want the applicants to meet – degree, majors, GPA, graduation date range, citizenship status.
- Provide application instructions.
This is not a default service upon registering. To request access to on-campus recruiting, contact Fisher Career Management.
- Request a schedule to interview students at Ohio State.
- Post positions for which you will be recruiting during your on-campus time.
- View applicants to OCR positions and accept/decline interview candidates.
- Recruiting schedules must be approved; you may be contacted for further info.
- If you have several jobs and want separate interview schedules for each position, make separate On-Campus Interview Schedule Requests for each job and schedule.
- If you want to combine the interview schedules for more than one job, then add the jobs to the same On-Campus Interview Schedule Request.
- Call first to reserve your interview rooms, interview space is not reserved until your request is approved by the Recruiting Coordinator.
This is not a default service upon registering. To request access to resume books, contact Fisher Career Management.
- Find students based on academic criteria such as class level, major, and GPA.
- Email students directly about opportunities with your company or organization.
Go to http://fisher.osu.edu/offices/career-management/fisherconnect/
- New User: Click on “Register” to create a new account and follow prompts.
- Returning User: Enter your username and password. Click “Go” to log in.
By registering through the FisherConnect portal, you are establishing a recruiting relationship with the system. This means your log in credentials will only work at this log in portal. If you are interested in establishing a recruiting relationship with another system in Buckeye Careers Network, contact Fisher Career Management.
- View and register for select career fairs.
Not all career fairs use FisherConnect to capture registrations. Additional recruiting opportunities may exist that focus on your target candidate. Be sure to review http://careers.osu.edu for a current list of career fairs held during the academic year across campus.
- Request to hold an information session on campus; you may be contacted for further info.