We urge you to start your application process early. Allowing time to fully prepare your application will enable you to devote sufficient resources and thought to each step without rushing yourself or the third parties who will write your letters of recommendation. Preparing your application is your chance to shine and distinguish yourself among your peers. Devoting time and thought to putting your best foot forward will be well worth your effort.
Once our MHRM Programs Admissions staff receives your complete application, it is scheduled for review by the admissions committee. We will usually be in touch with you within six weeks to let you know our decision. International Applications may take more time. International students are encouraged to complete their applications as early as possible to ensure a prompt financial review.
- If you are an international student, you must apply for autumn term.
- If you are domestic and intend to enroll full-time if admitted, you must apply for autumn term.
- If you are domestic and intend to enroll part-time, we recommend application for autumn term but will accept application from you for spring term.
Fisher reviews applications on a rolling basis. You can review our recommended deadlines for admission here.
A complete application includes:
- The completed MHRM application
Application fee - The application processing fee is payable via credit or debit card upon application submission
References - At least three references that can speak to your potential to be academically successful in the program. You will have the opportunity to ask your references to submit either electronic or paper letters of reference on your behalf when you submit your online application.
Detailed Resume - The Fisher MHRM program admissions committee views work experience as desirable but not necessary. Undergraduate academic record, reference letters, evidence of leadership experience, and official test scores (GRE or GMAT - and TOEFL, if applicable) play a more significant role in a complete application evaluation. You will have the opportunity to upload your resume as an attachment during the online application submission process.
Essays - You will submit your required essay responses electronically as part of your online application submission.
The Ohio State University does not recognize a three-year bachelor’s degree to be comparable to the American bachelor’s degree. One of the basic requirements for admission to Fisher is the completion of an American bachelor’s degree or its equivalent prior to matriculation.
The MHRM Admissions Committee reviews scanned copies of official transcripts uploaded in your online application for evaluation purposes. Ohio State will not accept web reports, advising reports, self-reported scores, or transfer credit on another school’s transcript.
You are required to submit transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended. Coursework from one institution reported as transfer credit on another school's transcript does not meet Ohio State's definition of a transcript.
If you have taken courses at The Ohio State University, you do not need to submit transcripts for those grades as the Admissions Office will obtain your Ohio State grades directly from the University Registrar’s Office.
We accept scanned copies of official transcripts for evaluation purposes. Use the UPLOAD DOCUMENT button in the ACADEMIC INFORMATION section within the online application to upload copies (front and back) of official transcripts from ALL institutions attended where college credit was earned – even if you earned any college credits while in high school. International credentials should include certified educational records and degree certificates or diplomas in the original language with English translations.
Upload only scanned images of official transcripts issued by your institution’s registrar or order electronic transcripts. Make sure to mark out all U.S. social security numbers before scanning. Ohio State will not accept web reports, advising reports, self-reported scores, or transfer credit on another school’s transcript.
If you are admitted to Fisher, you will be required to submit final official transcripts. Do not send paper official transcripts unless specifically requested by our office.
In cases where examination results or grades are not released, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All undergraduate majors are welcome to apply to the MHRM program; however, applicants should have completed at least three courses from the social sciences, examples include, but are not limited to, psychology, economics, sociology, communications, etc., at time of application to be considered for admission.
- The Ohio State University Graduate School requires cumulative 3.0 undergraduate GPA for admission to any graduate program at the university. Applicants with cumulative undergraduate GPAs less than 3.0 are subject to review and approval by the Graduate School. The MHRM program recommends cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 at time of application to be minimally competitive.
Standardized test scores
- The GRE is required of all applicants to the Fisher MHRM program. The program will accept the GMAT in lieu of the GRE if the applicant has already taken the GMAT at time of application. View for more information on the GMAT. Your official GRE scores, sent directly from ETS, are required for your application to be considered complete and ready for admission committee review. The GRE must be no older than five years at time of application.
- Ohio State's GRE institution code is 1592 and department code is 4202.
- International applicants must take the TOEFL. Ohio State University's requirements related to the TOEFL.
- The GRE and TOEFL can be taken at a variety of locations, including Ohio State. Please contact the following companies directly for further information