Library Resources: Quick Answers
Common questions and their answers are provided below - click on a tab to see information related to that specific topic.
For further research assistance, e-mail the Business Librarian.
- Where can I find a list of a company's competitors?
- Search Hoover's Online for public, private, and international companies. Scroll down to Top Competitors.
- How do I find information on small companies?
- Search in Lexis-Nexis academic universe. Choose Business then Company Profiles.
- Search in Hoover's Online for Company profiles and histories.
- Search in Thomson Research for Company filings, analyst reports and private equity.
- Where do I find current news about a company?
- In Factiva search on the desired company's name, or use the Companies/Markets tab, click on company and search by company name or ticker.
- Where can I find industry profiles and analysis?
- How do I find information on banks and banking?
- How do I find aggregate industry ratios that include private companies?
- Where can I find global industry surveys?
- How to find employment size in U.S. industries?
- View Data Tables at the U.S. Census Bureau