Inbound Exchange: Step-by-Step Application Process
Complete the following steps when applying for Student Exchange at Fisher College of Business.
Inbound Application Process
You will receive an email with application instructions after you have been nominated by your University.
- Complete your Application Form
Complete the appropriate Graduate or Undergraduate application below for admission to Fisher College of Business.
- Collect all Required Documents for the Application
Attach separate PDFs of the following documents to the Fisher exchange coordinator via email for your application.
Check your Application Status Online
- Official Academic Transcript in English from your home institution
- Proof of Degree in English (if Graduate Student)
- Proof of Financial Support Form (UG Autumn & Spring / Graduate Autumn & Spring)
- Bank Statement or Bank Letter
This must show the required amount specified on the Financial Support Form and the bank holders name that should be the same person signing the Financial Support Form. The currency code must be clearly stated on the document. (i.e.: USD, AUD, SGD, etc.)
- Scanned Passport of the full page where name appears
You will receive an system email confirming that your application has been received, and you are able to check your application status online by accessing the link on the system email you receive.
After you Receive your Welcome Packet
Once admitted, you will receive an acceptance packet that includes your
- Official Notice of Admission
- DS 2019
- Fisher Welcome Letter
This will be sent via UPS to the address where you will receive mail until you leave for exchange. Once you have recieved your welcome packet, you will have to copmete the following steps;
- Start your J-1 Student Visa Application
Check the following websites to research how to apply: U.S. State Department or U.S. J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program
- Activate your OSU Email
To receive important information from the university (Housing, Arrival Information, Orientation, etc.), please activate your OSU email immediately.
- Undergraduate students are required to take at least 12 semester credit hours per semester while you study at OSU. 6 semester credit hours must be business courses during each term. Determine which Undergraduate Courses to take at The Ohio State University.
- Graduate students are required to take at least 10 semester credit hours per semester while you study at OSU. 6 semester credit hours must be business courses during each term. Determine which GraduateCourses to take at Fisher College of Business. Click here if you would like to view non-business courses.
Plan to live On-Campus where residence halls are close, convenient, and safe. The Housing Office will use your OSU email to communicate further information.
Book your Flight
Book your travel to arrive on campus 5-7 days prior to the start of classes. You may not be late for the start of classes at OSU.
Pay OSU Fees by the Deadline
- Make sure you book your flight in time to attend your scheduled mandatory OIA Check-In and Orientation session and mandatory Fisher Orientation.
- With a J-1 student visa, you can arrive up to 30 days prior to the start of the program and depart up to 30 days after it ends.
Make sure you pay your student/housing fees at OSU before the deadline. Fee payment deadlines can be found here.
Your Time at Fisher College of Business
- Check-in with the Office of International Affairs (OIA)
Per immigration law, you must check-in with the Office of International Affairs (OIA) after you have arrived at OSU.
Attend the Mandatory Orientation at Fisher College of Business
- OIA's scheduled check-in dates can be found on their webpage.
- Attend OIA's orientation. Dates can be found on their webpage.
- Make sure you maintain a lawful status of your J-1 Student Visa while you attend OSU.
You are required to attend a orientation held at Fisher College of Business, before classes start at OSU.
Enjoy your Time at OSU!
Complete your Studies at OSU
- Autumn Orientation Dates: August 25, 2014
- Spring Orientation Dates: January 9, 2015
Make sure you complete all items listed below before you depart back to your home country.
- Fees: Pay all fees (student, library, etc.) before you leave. I will not be able to obtain your transcript if you have not paid all fees in full.
- Housing: Please be sure to arrange final departure dates with your On-campus Residence Halls and depart on the dates that have been agreeded on. Make sure you leave the place in the same condition as you have found it.
- Transcripts: Transcripts will be sent via email to your OSU email and your home university coordinator email, 1-2 months after the end of the semester.
- Survey: A survey will be sent to you after your completion of your exchnage program. Complete this survey.
- Other Documents: If you need signatures on any documents from your home university, please inform the Fisher Exchange Coordinator.