Inbound Exchange: Step-by-Step Application Process
Complete the following steps when applying for International Student Exchange at Fisher College of Business.
- You will receive an email with application instructions after you have been nominated by your University.
- Complete the appropriate Graduate or Undergraduate application below for admission to Fisher College of Business.
- Required Documents:
- Attach PDFs of the following documents to your application:
- Official Academic Transcript in English from your home institution
- Proof of Degree in English (if Graduate Student)
- Proof of Financial Support Form- UG Autumn & Spring / Graduate Autumn & Spring
- Bank Statement or Bank Letter - This must show the required amount specified on the Financial Support Form and the bank holders name that should be the same person signing the Financial Support Form. The currency code must be clearly stated on the document. (i.e.: USD, AUD, SGD, etc.)
- Scanned Passport where name appears
- Course Selection:
- You are required to take at least 12 semester credit hours, of which 6 semester credit hours must be business courses, during each term.
- Determine which Undergraduate Courses to take at The Ohio State University.
- Determine which Graduate Courses to take at Fisher College of Business. Click here if you would like to view non-business courses.
- Once admitted, you will:
- Receive an acceptance packet that includes your official Notice of Admission, DS 2019, and Fisher Welcome Letter documents which will be sent via UPS to the address where you will receive mail until you leave for exchange.
- Start your J-1 visa application. (How to apply: U.S. State Department or the U.S. J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program page)
- Activate your OSU Email to receive important information emailed to students.
- Plan to live On-Campus where residence halls are close, convenient, and safe. The Housing Office will email you as soon as you activate your OSU email.
- Book your travel to arrive on campus 5-7 days prior to the start of classes. Schedule your mandatory OIA Check-In and Orientation session. With a J-1 visa, you can arrive up to 30 days prior to the start of the program and depart up to 30 days after it ends.