Chile Summer Internship Program
Now is the time to apply for a global internship experience in Chile!
Application DEADLINE CLOSED!
Consider an internship in Santiago, one of South America’s most powerful business centers! Chile’s capital city boasts the bohemian cafes of the Bellavista neighborhood, the conquistador’s Plaza de Armas, and the incredible views from Cerro Santa Lucia.
As the strongest economy of the region, Chile offers both a culturally rich and professionally engaging opportunity for a summer internship. Chile’s capital city, Santiago, is host to many multinational corporations’ regional headquarters, including LAN Airlines, KPMG, and Shell. With the skyscraping Andes and picturesque Chilean coastline just minutes away, Santiago is the perfect place to spend your summer (and their winter).
The eight-week unpaid internship program provides an opportunity for you to obtain entry-level work experience in fields related to your future career ambitions, such as marketing, advertising, finance and business development. In addition to the professional internship, you’ll receive supplemental training through a Global Skills Training Program, which offers:
- Formal business instruction through training modules
- Intercultural relationship building techniques
- Career coaching
You will not receive Fisher academic credit for this supplemental training.
Walk-In Information Hours about Chile Summer Internship Program
are held every MONDAY from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
on the second floor of Mason Hall.
The Chile Summer Internship Program is available to students who meet the following qualifications:
- Fully Admitted to Fisher College of Business prior to going in-country
- Rising Juniors or Rising Seniors
- Have GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Depart USA on Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Arrive in Santiago, Chile on Sunday, May 19
- Complete Global Skills Training, Monday and Tuesday, May 20 and 21
- Begin internship in Santiago, Weds, May 22
- Depart Chile on Saturday, July 13, 2013
Program cost for the Chile Summer Internship Program is $5,330 USD.
- $1,000 Non-Refundable deposit payable upon acceptance into the program.
- $4,330 Final payment payable no later than February 15, 2013.
- $100 late fee will be assessed if students fail to pay by the established deadlines.
For information on financial assistance, please click here
Additional ways to fund Study Abroad:
INCLUDED in Program Cost:
- Interns in Santiago will live at accommodations like the Mela Blu Apartments. The dormitories are located close to the internship locations, and close to public transportation, restaurants, and shopping. Interns will share double occupancy rooms with all necessary amenities, including wi-fi, in-building laundry services, and group kitchens, and will live alongside other international and local Chilean students throughout the program.
Global Skills Training Program
- Through participation in the Global Skills Training, interns are coached to successfully develop the skills critical for navigating effectively in today’s global environment. There is no OSU credit attached to the training program, however, after successfully completing an internship abroad program, participants will be able to highlight these new skills and perspectives for future employers:
- Marketable Work Experience
- Intercultural Competence
- Effective Communication
- Global Perspective
- Arrival in Santiago: Pick-up at airport and transfer to accommodations
- Departure from Santiago: Return to airport at end of program
Orientation Program and Activities
- May 20 - 21, Welcome Dinner, Orientation meeting, and Global Skills Training
- Placement in an eight-week unpaid internship with a company, organization, or government agency relevant to your interest (in workplace Monday through Friday for eight weeks).
- Updated Resume/CV PDF must be submitted with your Program Application and will be shared with our in-country manager and potential internship hosts (See CV template on this website).
- Once you're approved for the Program, you'll
- receive an congratulatory email with instructions to pay your deposit,
- review requirements with an in-country program advisor,
- review potential internship descriptions,
- prepare with the in-country manager to match companies with language fluency,
- learn country-specific career tips,
- skype interview directly with host companies
- have a great internship experience!
- In-country resident director support will be available during the program's duration.
- Assistance to complete the local local Chilean work authorization
- In-country partner will travel to Ohio State and participate in the required Pre-Departure meetings
NOT INCLUDED in Program Cost:
- Roundtrip Airfare to and from Santiago, Chile
- Required International HTH Student Health Insurance (approximately $75)
Application Process, Deadlines and Group Flight Information
- Application OPENS: October 1, 2012
- Application CLOSES: January 31, 2013
- Deadline for Final Program Payment: February 15, 2013, must be paid in full
- STEP 1: Revise Current Resume:
You must attach your current Resume to the application when you submit. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- STEP 2: Complete HTH Supplemental Insurance Form available at the Summer Internship Website which you must attach to the application when you submit. Do not send to OIA as form indicates. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- STEP 3: Submit Application:
After clicking on the link below,
- start by Creating an Account,
- click on "Search Programs" tab,
- select "Summer 2013" in the "Term" field and find your desired location.
- Do not purchase your airfare until you have been officially accepted onto the program. Once you are ready to purchase your airfare, several recommendations will be made for those participating in the program to consider as a group flight.