International Photo Contest
Each semester the Office of Global Business will hold a photo contest where students submit photos of their international travel for a chance to win a prize ideal for international business and traveling abroad.
To submit, Fisher students can email the photo(s) to Tina Hrabak (email@example.com). Photos submitted must be of original size (not compressed) and in .jpg, .gif or .bmp file formats.
Students should include information about where the photo(s) were taken, what program (if applicable), and a description (optional). You should receive a confirmation about receipt of your photos within one week.
Photos submitted may be uploaded to the International Flickr Photo Pool, so your experience is shared with others.
- The submission deadline for the Autumn Semester is September 30, 2013.
- Photos selected to be entered into the voting phase will be uploaded to the OGB Facebook page on or around October 4, 2013. Voting will take place online through October 18, 2013. The photo with the most number of ‘likes’ will win (a panel of OGB judges will make the final decision in the case of a tie).
- The winner for the Spring Semester contest will be announced on October 21, 2013.
The grand prize winner each quarter of the international photo contest will win one of the following:
- Kindle or Nook
- Subscription to the Economist (great for the International Business class!)
- Noise cancelling headphones
- iPod Touch
- Digital camera
- $250 scholarship to be applied to a future program with the Office of Global Business
The winner will be given product options and will be asked to choose one as his/her grand prize.
- Any current (or past) Fisher College of Business student is eligible to submit photos.
- Students can submit up to three photos each semester from any international trip they have taken in the past two years.
- By submitting your photos, you agree to allow your photos to be used in future marketing materials, including the website, flyers, presentations, calendars, etc., AND that you have permission to use the picture (if you did not take it yourself).
- Photos will be reviewed for appropriateness (appropriate for use in Fisher promotional materials). Photos with inappropriate gestures or dress or with alcohol will be excluded from the voting pool.
- Photos need to include information about where the photo(s) were taken, what program (if applicable), and a description (optional).
- Minor touch-ups of pictures are permitted; however, extensive digital editing will make the photo ineligible.