Marketing Liaison Fellowship
(Marketing Liaison positions are only available for undergraduate students participating in the Freshman Global Lab, Emerging Markets Field Study Panama, or Green Business Costa Rica.)
The Marketing Liaison position allows students to apply their business knowledge and develop a marketing strategy for one short-term study abroad program offered through the Fisher Office of Global Business. As students travel overseas with their program, they will begin to implement their strategy, collecting and creating materials that can be used in the coming year. After returning to the US, students will finish implementation and submit final deliverables to the Office of Global Business.
2013-2014 Marketing Liaison Cycle by Program
- Freshman Global Lab: Orientation during 2014 Spring Semester, travel during 2014 Maymester, implementation and finalization of marketing deliverables during 2014 Autumn Semester and 2015 Spring Semester.
- Emerging Markets Field Study Panama: Orientation during 2013 Autumn Semester, travel during 2013 winter break, implementation and finalization of marketing deliverables during 2014 Spring Semester and 2014 Autumn Semester.
- Green Business Costa Rica: Orientation during 2014 Spring Semester, travel during 2014 spring break, implementation and finalization of marketing deliverables during the remaining portion of 2014 Spring Semester and 2014 Autumn Semester.
A student selected to serve as a Marketing Liaison will receive $500 to be used toward short-term study abroad program fees. The fellowship will be paid in full once students have completed their outlined marketing activities and submitted their final deliverables to the Office of Global Business.
Students must be accepted into the program to apply for the Marketing Liaison position. All students are eligible but preference will be given to students with international travel experience and demonstrated knowledge of marketing.
- FCOB branded pictures while traveling in-country
- Social media and Office of Global Business blog
- Collect, label, and organize participant photos after return
- Organize and lead information sessions with potential participants for the following year
- Market research and collection of follow-up information
- Other ideas as suggested by student
November 15, 2013 for Green Business Costa Rica
January 15, 2014 for Freshman Global Lab
April 1, 2014 for Emerging Markets Field Study Panama
Email your resume and cover letter to Zachary Grammel (Grammel.4). Make sure to answer:
- Why would you make a good Marketing Liaison for this program?
- What past experience have you had studying abroad?
- What past experience have you had in public speaking and marketing (i.e. research, design, branding)?
- What creative ideas can you bring to the table?
- Attach two photos you have taken that reflect the spirit of FCOB programs. Why would these photos successfully promote Fisher programs?